Wednesday 13 February 2013

Top 10 Libido Enhancing Scents



Top 10 Libido Enhancing Scents

Scents to Arouse just in time for Valentine’s Day – I thought it was a fitting time to take a wee peek into the different scents that are thought to be aphrodiasiacs….  

I think the old saying about the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach. I truly had to suppress a smirk when reading list after list of scents that get the flames of passion stoked for men – they love the foodie scents. I have always known that Black Licorice and Pumpkin Pie were steadfast favourites among men and most of the remaining ones were not a surprise but I am rather curious about Lily of the Valley and Lavender…. Ummmm while Lavender is always a top seller – for countless reasons – I have never thought of it or Lily of the Valley having aphrodiasiac qualities.  Perhaps they like their partners to smell this way?!

Ladies – well…I am blushing a little now as perhaps I understand why some of these are my own personal favourites. Women certainly do have a more sophisticated nose as we tend to prefer the more exotic scents over the food scents. There were a few surprises with the sharpness of basil and ginger but the rose, almond and ylang ylang were anticipated on this list as they are classic scents.



Top Ten For Men
  1. Black Licorice (anise)
  2. Pumpkin Pie
  3. Vanilla
  4. Cinnamon
  5. Doughnut
  6. Root Beer / Cola
  7. Orange
  8. Lily of the Valley
  9. Sandalwood
  10. Lavender
Top Ten For Women
  1. Vanilla
  2. Ginger
  3. Rose
  4. Cinnamon
  5. Lavender
  6. Lime
  7. Basil
  8. Bergamot
  9. Almond
  10. Ylang Ylang


This list is fairly general and just a little note that every person smells different scents differently. So while licorice may get one person’s motor revved up, it may not work on another person... Even my own personal tastes show this - I either really like a scent listed or I really don’t – not too much middle ground.
Cinnamon, Vanilla and Lavender are common on both lists and they have always been solid favourites among Wylde Rose customers. 
 
 Most favourite ways to enjoy these scents? Candles, Bath/Shower with Soaps, Bath Bombs and Bath Salts and of course Lotions. I don’t need to tell you that it’s always more fun to have someone else apply the lotions or body butters ;)

Enjoy experimenting with these scents (or discover what other scents work for YOU!) whether it’s to ignite, re-ignite or intensify the fervor and enthusiasm you have with your partner. 

 




No comments:

Post a Comment